If your child needs nebulization therapy, there are scores of nebulizer brands in the market that you can turn to. However, one brand that is highly rated because of how easy it is to use when managing your child’s respiratory condition is the Omron C801KD Nebulizer. This device is a silent nebulizer that deploys the VVT technology to ensure your child gets the right amount of medication.
Interestingly, the challenge with using nebulization therapy for a child isn’t just about getting the right device; you should also learn how to keep the child calm while the nebulizer is in use. To help you get this right, we have highlighted some tips and tricks that you can use when it’s time to use your child’s nebulizer.
First, when you put the face mask on your child’s face, make sure the edges stay in close contact with the face. If this isn’t done properly, the medication or saline can easily disperse into the surrounding areas making the administration unsuccessful.
Also, you can make the process playful by showing your child how to assemble the device. Thankfully, the Omron C3 belongs to the latest generation of nebulizers that has been designed with colourful part to make it attractive to children.
Another tip you can employ is to make you child sit in front of the mirror so that s/he knows what is going on. This will also make it easier for you to control the position of the face mask, and your child will also be less anxious about the whole process. Sometimes, parents try to use the nebulizer when the child is sleeping but this isn’t recommended because, at this time your child’s mouth is closed and the breathing is shallow, which makes it difficult for the medication to reach the lungs
Now, let’s take a look at how to use the Omron C801KD Nebulizer.
- Clean and disinfect the nebulizer kit and accessories with warm water before initial use or if you haven’t used for a long time
- Insert the power plug of the AC adaptor into the compressor outlet
- Assemble the nebulizer by rotating the inhalation top anticlockwise and lift it out of the medication tank
- Pour the correct amount of prescribed medication into the medication tank and put the inhalation top back
- Attach the cap, kids accessory mask, or mouthpiece to the nebulizer kit and attach the air tube
- Hold the nebulizer straight and do not tilt the nebulizer kit so that it is at an angle of greater than 45 degrees in all directions
- Press the power switch and the nebulization process starts
- Observe whether aerosol is generated
- Insert the mouthpiece into your mouth and inhale the medication breathing normally, exhale as normal through the mouthpiece
- Turn the power off after treatment, check that there is no condensation or moisture in the air tube and unplug the device, then thoroughly rinse the nebulizer kit and all accessories with clean hot tap water after each use and disinfect them after the last treatment of the day
- Reassemble the nebulizer kit and put it in the storage bag.
- Make sure the air filter is changed regularly specifically every 60 days
So that’s it, you’re good to go. Also, make sure you use the device according to your doctor’s instruction and you should not use a nebulizer if your doctor hasn’t recommended it.