The essence of pregnancy awareness week is to strengthen pregnancy education and stress important issues that promote healthy pregnancy and safe motherhood.
Pregnant women should start attending antenatal care as soon as they suspect that they are pregnant and certainly within their first trimester.
To detect early pregnancy is not a big issue again. With a pregnancy pee stick like the ConceptionCheck you can know your pregnancy status as early as 7 days.
The ConceptionCheck is a rapid pregnancy pee stick (midstream), convenient in vitro assay for the defection of HCG hoemore in urine to help in early diagnosis of pregnancy with 99% level accuracy.
The Benefits of Early Antenatal care
- Early recognition of danger signs in pregnancy and post-delivery.
- Birth preparation and complication readiness
- The opportunity to exclude and manage existing medical conditions which can be aggravated by the pregnancy, such as hypertension, diabetes, infections and anaeme.
- Free HIV testing and voluntary counselling
- Self-care including nutrition and high standard of hygiene.
- Information on the role of the father, the male partner and the family.
Purpose of Pregnancy Awareness Week:
The primary purpose of Pregnancy Awareness Week is to reduce* the number of deaths or complications from pregnancy. This includes both the mother and the foetus/baby. The event does so by strengthening the education on pregnancy and highlighting important issues that promote a healthy pregnancy and safe motherhood. The government suggests that pregnant women should start attending antenatal care as soon as they think they are pregnant within the first trimester.
*Please note that you should always consult a medical professional if you have any questions about your health or pregnancy.