Habit is an established custom or automatic pattern of behavior through frequent repetition. And it has been confirmed that High Blood Pressure cases or incidences of high blood pressure are predicated on the frequent repetition or pattern of behavior of people.
The habits of many people have put them at risk of being hypertensive. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Hypertension is responsible for an estimated 45% of deaths due to heart disease and 51% of deaths due to stroke globally.
Of WHO’s six regions, the African region has the highest prevalence of hypertension estimated at 46% of adults aged 25 and above.
Hypertension is a chronic medical condition in which the blood pressure is elevated. Blood pressure is created by the force of blood pushing against the walls of the blood vessels (arteries) as it is pumped by the heart. The higher the pressure the harder the heart has to pump. Suffering from HBP is not an automat death sentence. It can be managed by changing these 3 Habits:
- Follow a healthy food plan.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Cut down on the volume of your salt intake.
- Watch the amount of fat and sugar you consume daily, as well as reducing your caffeine intake.
- Stop smoking as your arteries clog up even faster if you smoke.
- Avoid heavy consumption of alcohol.
Stress can contribute to high blood pressure, it thus become pertinent that you slow down and listen to your body. Get some rest. The economic situation in the country has made getting needs met more tasking and daunting than before. Most people now double their hustle but at the expense of their health. But you can still meet your needs and stay healthy if you try the following steps:
- Manage your time and plan a feasible work schedule.
- Get enough sleep.
- Try to reduce and resolve conflict situations as much as you can.
- Learn how to ask for help. Remember, no one knows it or has it all.
- You owe yourself happiness, so learn to give yourself a nice treat.
KNOW YOUR NUMBERS
Many are hypertensive because of ignorance. They do not know their blood pressure level. Examples abound of people slumping only to discover that they were hypertensive but they never knew.
One of the best ways of knowing and monitoring your blood pressure level is by checking your blood pressure level week in week out.
- You do not have to be a professional to check yourself.
- Get a blood pressure checking device. Whether you have a small arm or big arm there are devices that will fit you well.
- You can even check the blood pressure level of your spouse on the same device.
Work on your habits and get your life back. Live life well live it to the fullest.
You can call 08061107837 to order for your own blood pressure monitor device.